Friday, November 2, 2018

Pineapple Pizza vs Hate Crimes

"Why is it that hate is overpowering love."

-"72 Hours of Hell" by Yaara

   It goes without saying that the all the events of the past week have been horrendous."Why is it that more and more people are fearing there lives when they walk out on the street rather then feeling safe?" questioned Yaara in reference to all the hate crimes that have occurred in such a short span. Her questions were beautifully written in way that changed my perspective from merely considering solutions to the problem but also the reason why. Why has there been so much hate crime recently?

  When I thought about it I started by re-evaluating my personal definition of hate. Hate can mean a variety of things ranging from I hate pineapple pizza to I hate all Muslims. Obviously these are two completely different hatreds. One stems for your personal taste and flavor preferences, but what sparks the other. The more I thought about it the more I realized how generalized it is. You can hate both your arch enemy and cats in totally different ways, and two people can hate pineapple pizzas for two different reasons.

  Personally  I believe the term "hate crime"  is a pretty generalizing term and therefore the solution is not as straightforward as it may seem. If I'm generalizing it I've always viewed the cause of hate crime to be similar to that of bullying. You know the preppy anti bullying videos we watch. Well they don't just apply to school life. I see hate crime perpetrators as bullies times ten. They blame others for problems they find in themselves and/or the world to make themselves feel better. No this is not the only reason but it's my generalized opinion.

   Call me a pessimist but I'm in the boat that believes that hate crimes will never be completely eradicated. There will always be someone who wishes to blame others for their problems; however, there are ways to significantly reduce that number and spread the love. You know the saying love is blind. If thats true then those who commit hate have 20/20 vision. All they see is our differences. I say we cut the labels, and cut our tendency to divide. Obviously this not something that can be done quickly however being united in humanity (while keeping our individuality of course :^) ) and shedding truth on our own personality can help. There will be no happily ever after but there may be a better atmosphere for diverse future generations.
 

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Survival of the Fittest

Breaking Up   I'm sorry to say that our lovely dose of daily television did have some unintended side effects. One of them being bein...