Thursday, November 1, 2018

Netflix trumps War?????

                                        A Wave 3 Revelation

    Earlier today I was doing my routine examination of Wave 3 news when I had reached the national section of the news when I noticed an article titled "Netflix to Give 3 Films an exclusive run in Theaters". At first I made nothing of it filed it off as interesting enough and hurried on to finish my assignment. It wasn't until a little while later when I received a notifications from New York Times regarding an article titled "How the War in Yemen Became a Bloody Stalemate"........think about that. Needless to say my whole perspective changed after that.

    I can not label Wave 3's National Section as interesting enough or relatively relevant because that is just not okay. The world has no lack of stories that need to heard and problems hiding beneath the surface without representation. Their ranking of whats newsworthy and whats not is completely off wack. It goes without being said that the majority of us would rather live in a perfect world where the most important thing we needed to know about the world around us is new Netflix shows going into theaters but that's just not the case. Though they did have a few noteworthy stories such as "Israel's Netanyahu warns Europe of Possible Attacks by Iran" however, that does not excuse them for neglecting other stories.

   Though they may be but a local news site; many citizens only ever take the time to go through but one news site a day meaning if you were checking only Wave 3 everyday you would be getting but a small portion of what you need to know about the world. I am in no way claiming that Wave 3 has to find a way to publish absolutely every important story in the news. They do have their limitations after all. What I'm trying to stress is wasting valuable space on your site to feature information easily overshadowed by more important stories.

   

         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Survival of the Fittest

Breaking Up   I'm sorry to say that our lovely dose of daily television did have some unintended side effects. One of them being bein...